LAST UPDATED: January 10, 2019
NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. The Platform is not directed to individuals under 13 years of age and we request that they do not provide personal information through the Platform. You must be 18 years of age to create an account on the Platform. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under age 13, we will promptly delete (or, at our discretion, initially suspend) that user’s account and any personal information that might be stored about that user.
NOTICE REGARDING INTERNATIONAL USERS
The Platform is hosted in, and are intended for users from, the United States. If you are using the Platform from regions (such as, by way of example only, the European Union) with data collection and use laws that may differ from the data collection and use laws of the United States, then be advised that your personal information will be transferred to the United States, and by providing us with your personal information you are consenting to that transfer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- User- Provided Information. When you use the Platform, we may collect personal information about you when you voluntarily provide it to us, including your full name, mobile phone number, email address, mailing address, date of birth, and preferences. In addition, we may collect personal information disclosed by you on message boards, chat features, and to which you are able to post information and materials (including third party platforms). We may link this information with other information we have obtained from other sources. If you communicate with us by e-mail, even if you have not previously provided us with your email address, we will use your email address if necessary in order to respond to you, and we may retain your email address in our files during and for a period after the time that we are in communication.
- Information from Your Co-Parent. The Platform includes tools designed to help you and your co-parent manage communication, parenting plans and scheduling, and to help you manage shared expenses, contacts and other critical information. In order for you to be able to use the Platform effectively, you and/or your co-parent will need to provide us with information about your family, your schedules and your parenting responsibilities, as well as any shared expenses, contacts or other information that you would like to manage via the Platform. You will also have the option to upload, store and search your relevant legal documents (such as court orders, judgments and agreements). Once you and your co-parent have both signed up for the Platform, your respective accounts will be connected so that you both will have access to the Platform in order to manage and facilitate your interactions; however, information that you provide to us will not be shared with your co-parent without your permission (which you will be able to provide through the Platform), subject to any legal disclosure obligations we may have, as described in Section 3.2 below.
- Information About Your Activity on the Platform. We collect information about your activities on the Platform, including the number of messages between the co-parents, the number of check-ins, number of Get Helps and number of agreements. In some cases, your activity on the platform, such as your Check-in activity or messages between you and your co-parent, may be available to another co-parent you have connected with on the Platform.
- Location Information. We may obtain information about your physical location by use of GPS and other geolocation features in your device, or by inference from other information we collect (for example, your IP address indicates the general geographic region from which you are connecting to the Internet).
- Automatically Collected Information. Our servers can automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses and may also identify users’ computer/mobile device type and connection information, as well as information about browser type and browser settings and (where possible) geographic location. We may also use clear gifs (also known as web beacons) and other methods to gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving our Platform. Clear gifs may also be used in email messages that we send to users and to your contacts that you permit us to email, so that we can track whether recipients have opened those messages.
- Cookies. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to the Platform. Cookies help us learn which areas of the Platform are useful and which areas need improvement. The cookies that website operators like us place are called “first party cookies”. There are two varieties of first party cookies– session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie is stored in temporary memory on your device, is not retained after a user’s browsing session ends and does not collect information from the user’s device. A persistent cookie remains in the browser’s sub-folder after the user closes his or her browser and is activated again once the user visits the site that created the particular cookie and remains for the duration period set within the cookie’s file. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn how to modify your cookie settings. Note, however, that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Platform, you may not be able to use the features of the Platform to their fullest potential. Promotions or advertisements displayed on the Platform may also contain cookies, and we do not have access to or control over information collected by outside advertisers when you click on any such promotions or advertisements.
“DO NOT TRACK” FEATURE NOT AVAILABLE
We understand that some users may have enabled a “do not track” feature or other mechanism intended to provide consumers with a choice regarding the collection of their personally identifiable information; however, consistent with our rights under applicable law, we do not respond to any such “do not track” requests or other signals sent from a web browser.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
When you provide your information to us, we use that information to operate, maintain, enhance and deliver the Platform to you, to communicate with you about the Platform, to contact you for administrative purposes or to respond to your requests, to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences on our users, and to comply with the law. In addition, we use your information for the following purposes:
- Invitations. Certain features of the Platform allow you to invite your co-parent or others to join the Platform by entering their email addresses or phone number, sharing with them via social media services or otherwise posting to social media services, sending tweets, and/or using stored email addresses. In order to invite or recommend our Platform to contacts stored on your mobile device, on your computer or in an online email account, you will need to click “yes” if asked for permission to access any of your stored or online contacts or friends. If you invite another person to use the Platform, or you wish to recommend the Platform to other friends, we will automatically send an email, text message, or other form of message (as selected by you) to each person that you select to receive your recommendation. We store the contact information you provide so that we can (a) send an initial message to your contact, and (b) monitor the effectiveness of our invitation services. For contacts that do not respond, or that do respond but do not elect to give us their email addresses for subsequent information and updates, we will delete those email addresses when we periodically purge our files.
- Site Usage and Analytics. We use your information to analyze traffic and usage of the Platform and to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Platform, or to display content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
IN WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We share information that we collect through the Platform to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, auditing, and other services.
- To a potential or actual acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- In some cases, you may be subject to a judicial order mandating that you use the Platform. In these cases, an authorized court employee, including the ordering judicial officer, or an authorized court services mediator or similar court employee may have access to your activity on the Platform as well as the content of your communications with your connected co-parents on the Platform.
- If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE COMPANY IS ACQUIRED?
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND/OR REMOVE YOUR INFORMATION?
You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Platform. You can notify us at any time that you want to terminate our storage of your personal information, and upon receipt of that notice, we will remove all information about you from our database, at which point you will no longer receive email notices and updates from us, and you may lose your ability to use some or all of the Platform. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so. You can also review your account information on the Platform at any time, in order to make changes to your personal information and other information stored in your account. Please keep in mind that any information or content that you have posted to public areas of third-party social media services may remain on those areas irrespective of the status of your user accounts with those social media services. The deletion of your personal information from our files will not cause the removal of any content you had previously provided to social media services, even if provided from the Platform.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com. We may allow you to view and modify settings relating to the nature and frequency of promotional communications that you receive from us in user account functionality on the Platform. If you opt out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. Additionally, even after you opt out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Platform.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of information that we collect. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee the security of your data. Your CoParenter account and your social media account information should be protected by user names and passwords that you have selected, and it is up to you to protect the confidentiality of your this account information and to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
UPDATES AND CHANGES
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing what types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your emails to us.