How does one prepare for divorce for 2017? Certified Divorce Financial Analyst Shawn Leamon, MBA, advises us with a list of tips, that are also great reminders for us coParents.
- Be certain you want a divorce.
- Accept that the divorce is happening.
- Do your research and get organized.
- Treat divorce as a business transaction where you are the CEO.
- Build a team of professionals to help you.
- Lean on friends and support groups.
- Keep healthy and fit.
- Take care of the children.
- Protect your money.
- Set realistic goals for the future.
- Act civil with your spouse.
- Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
- Know you will make it.
To view a thorough explanation of each of these tips with further advice, click on this page on Leamon’s site, DivorceAndYourMoney.com.